Fees and charges
The level of fees payable and other financial requirements will depend on the individual circumstances of the care recipient. The following comments provide an overview of the types of fees payable and the factors that are taken into account. Fees are set by the Commonwealth Department of Health & Ageing which regulates the industry at a national level.
Care fees – 2 fees may apply
DAILY CARE FEE AS AT 20.03.2019 $51.21 PER DAY
A Daily Care Fee is payable by all residential care recipients at both our Seaton and Fulham facilities.
This fee contributes towards living expenses, including meals, laundry, heating/cooling, nursing, and personal care. The daily care fee increases every March and September in line with pension increases and is determined by the Department of Health and Ageing.
MEANS TESTED FEE MY AGED CARE: RESIDENTIAL CARE FEE ESTIMATOR
A Means Tested Fee may also be payable by permanent care recipients. The fee is calculated by the Commonwealth in conjunction with Centrelink / DVA and is based on the value of the care recipient's net assets and income. Care recipients with higher net wealth should expect to pay this fee.
The Means Tested Fee is a daily fee payable from day of admission and is reviewed by the Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing quarterly. If a Means Tested Fee is payable, the Department of Health & Ageing will inform both the care recipient and Saint Hilarion in writing following admission. Respite care recipients are exempt from this fee. An estimate of this can be calculated using the My Aged Care Residential Care Fee Estimator.
As from 1 July 2014, residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by:
- A refundable accommodation deposit (RAD); a refundable deposit is paid as a lump sum amount
- A daily accommodation payment (DAP); a daily payment accrues daily as it is paid periodically, for example monthly or
- A combination of both; a combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.
Maximum Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD)
The Society of Saint Hilarion Aged Care Inc believes that affordable aged care should be accessible to all. Prices published below do not apply to persons in receipt of/eligible for government support (fully or partially supported). Amounts payable to be assessed (tba) per government means testing.
|The House of Saint Hilarion, Seaton||Villa Saint Hilarion, Fulham|
|Premium Room||Premium Share Room|
|Room size (m2) excluding ensuite||24||30||37|
|Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) only||$550,000||$350,000||$550,000|
|Daily Accommodation Deposit (DAP) only||$83.48||$53.12||$83.48|
|Combination Payments – both partial lump sum and daily payments|
|Government Supported Residents||tba||tba||tba|
- Accommodation payment arrangements can be tailored to meet individual needs.
- DAP is calculated using current Maximum Permissible Interest Rate (MPIR). As at 01/07/2019, 5.54%. MPIR is prescribed by the Minister each quarter.
- Your care needs may influence the range of rooms available for you to choose from.
- If viewing this letter electronically, for more detailed information on the services offered by The Society of Saint Hilarion Inc. Aged Care at our sites, press the Ctrl (Cmd) key on your keyboard and click on the following: House of Saint Hilarion, Seaton OR Villa Saint Hilarion Fulham. Alternatively, head to our website www.sainthilarion.asn.au for further details. To use the My Aged Care website fees and charges calculator, head to; http://www.myagedcare.gov.au/estimate-fees-for-aged-care-services.
Residential Care Service Agreement
On (or before admission) a meeting will be arranged with the Resident or their representative to explain and offer a Residential Care Service Agreement.
For further information regarding fees and charges or to discuss the fees applicable to your own personal situation, please contact our Finance Manager:
The House of Saint Hilarion
7 Kelly Ave, Seaton SA 5023
Tel (08) 8409 1505
Fax (08) 8409 1599